difference between deabolt and deadbolt ?

Perhaps, Deabolt is made by Diebold?

That would be a [runs for cover] safe bet?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's probably because there's no deabolt locks. Only Deadbolt locks!

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

You won't find "dictionnary" either. Typos happen.

Though if I was forced to invent a definition, I'd suggest it was a piece of hardware manufactured for the Drug Enforcement Agency...

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

I know this nut that just milled about 100,000 blanks. KW1 keyway. Owns a hardware store go figure. The blanks say KS1

Reply to
Glen Cooper

I was thinking kinda along those lines... sort of. Maybe (if he's not talking about a misspelling) he's referring to a mispronunciation I've had customers tell me they had a "Dee-bolt" safe. There also seems to be some Kiwi-set and Schlaggie locks out there.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

No AV software is foolproof. There are always new virili that aren't in any of there databases.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Yo Glen, Just regarding your AVG anti-virus system, I was running the same system, fully updated etc, and picked up a filthy virus last week which completely screwed my computer. $300 later, I'm now running 2004 Norton System, which cost me an extra $95 on top of the repair bill. The Comp tech said AVG is the best of the 'Freeware' systems, but they do get at least 5 computers in every month which run AVG, that have been screwed by a Virus, or spyware etc. It's the old saying "you only get what you pay for. Cheers mate.

Reply to
Steve Paris

HI STEVE

part 2, DUMP Outlook EXPRESS.. part 3, DUMP AND LOCK OUT, internet explorer, make it DISSAPPEAR..

part 4, dump WINDOWS.. (MAC or Linus comes to mind)

then you are a LOT safer.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I've run windows (various versions) for years and never had a virus infect any system although 2 or 3 have been caught by Norton. That's using p2p networks for most of that time too.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
Aegis

was in a hurry.. and spell check passed it.. linux.. SUSE 9 comes to mind.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

One of the kids in Peanuts.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Thanks for the heads up . Can't never be to careful. I got tired of paying for the updates. I run Firefox, that helps some. A few firewalls. AdWare6, etc...

Now if I can only figure out how to get rid of the stupid post script.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Norton was good for about a year, and then $2.95 for the updates.

I'm running Trend Micro's PC Cillin, and pleased with that. I'm guessing they will charge me for updates, one day soon.

I'm interested to hear that Grisoft isn't quite as up to date.... I doubt they will make it easy for you to get rid of the stupid post script.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

funny thing tho, SOME of the worms are WRITTEN to go find Norton or Mcaffee and disable it FIRST, then finish running.\

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

In connection with malware and survivability of a computer without a firewall, the following reference is worth a read:

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

snipped-for-privacy@noyahoo.com - no,no,no

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I figured that's what you meant, but wanted to check. New OS's seem to come and go so quickly. Is OS/2 still around?

Reply to
Aegis

Hint: After your year, uninstall Norton and reinstall... Another year. :)

Reply to
Aegis