HPC 1200 Card Cutter and Curtis duplicators to sell

Hello,

I have some key cutters I would like to find a home for. I really have no idea what these units are worth so I'm going to entertain offers for a few days. The HPC includes no cards or wheels. The automatic and manual Curtis cutters need to be wired as they came out of a permanent installation. Check them out here:

I don't really know much about this type of equipment, but I will try to answer any questions. I would prefer to send these out on your UPS account, or I will charge you actual UPS charges if you prefer.

You can email me: snipped-for-privacy@datashelf.com or call at 406.855.7057 if you have any questions or want to make an offer. I normally sell on eBay, but they cancel auctions for stuff like this. Make me an offer for all or one, but please make it fair as I am not interested in haggling back and forth.

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
News Viewer

Used equipment: Start at half the original list price. Subtract for missing parts/accessories originally included (cutters and cards, in this case). Derate by some percentage for wear/damage -- though in this case it sounds like you don't know enough about the machine to give a reasonable guesstimate of its condition.

Note that this appears to be the older version of the HPC machine, so you can't price it based on current costs of the version with the "blitz" upgrades.

Personally, I'm more a Framon fan than an HPC fan. I'd consder it if it was cheap enough and if I was buying it from someone I felt I knew. From a stranger? It's gotta be a real bargain, and even then I'd really prefer to see it first... and, to be honest, to check the serial number to make sure it hadn't been reported stolen. (Cut power cords is not a Good Sign in that regard.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Thanks for the tips. The units were acquired from the State of Colorado

- Department of Correcti> News Viewer wrote:

Reply to
News Viewer

I took a chance.. the guy died. was a locksmith (38 year old, BTW) and family was stuck with disposing of stuff.. cord was cut on an ace duplicator.. offered them a VERY small sum for it, in case motor was bad.. all the numbers and parts intact tho, checked that fact.... Current price on it is $1700 plus, and I put a plug on it, and it works GREAT, PLUS its a current production unit.. I got VERY lucky..

I bought a Curtis 3000 I paid $25 for the head ONLY from a retired Curtis Rep. minus the wire brush.. no motor.., got another motor, and ignored the brush.. works pretty good..

I see NO cutter on the 1200 if I am looking right, and thats NOT a cheap thing to get.. plus a set of cards.. lot of out lay there as a possibility..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

That's how I read it. Plus, since we don't know condition of the rest of the machine, there's the risk of winding up sending it back to HPC for a factory rebuild; I'm not sure how much they charge for that service, or even if it's available. (I know Framon will do rebuilds for a relatively reasonable price.)

So I'm still trying to estimate what it's really worth, given the definite needs plus some percentage of the possible additional costs. That's assuming I decide it's worth bidding at all; my toy budget took a bit of a beating last month.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman