Impressioning Hon Lock

I have tried the pull-out method and the jiggle method. I just cant see the marks. I have heard of two approaches....polishing the metal and looking for scratches, or roughing the metal and looking for polishing. I have also tried using a fluorescent marker and a blacklight to look for marks with no luck. What is the best way to do it?

Reply to
Marshall Jones

Detailed advice on impressioning is considered out of scope for this newsgroup.

From what you've said, the basic advice is: "This is a skill approaching an art. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice."

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (address as shown

Hank Spicer would say, read the code books FIRST.. where should there be a mark? WHAT make would be 'common'?

whats the depth diff? you to get good at this NEED to know this.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I agree with Joe and Shiva. knowing where to look and exactly what to look for helps. then, practice, practice and then practice some more. this link may also help.

g'luck

Reply to
"Key

Hmm. They seldom give me any problems. I've also got some codes in my Reed system that often I can cut them by code.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon