Lab Medeco Decoder

Anyone own the Medeco Biaxial pin decoder made by Lab? I have e-mailed them reguarding an issue with the placement of QBK and SDM on the lower left hand corner. They seem to be backwards, just like the actual HPC card. One would think that Q would be a right cut since it is on the right hand side, but it is a left cut, DUH! JUst so happens that on the top of the decoder, the angles are listed correctly.

Reply to
AR

A "Q" cut *is* a right cut; it's a right fore cut. QBK and SDM are in the correct order if that's what you're wondering about. The middle letters of each set ("B" and "D") are beFORE and AFTer the letter "C" which indicates a Center angle. The first letters of each set ("Q" and "S") are fore and aft of "R'" which indicates a Right angle. The last letters of each set ("K" and "M") are fore and aft of "L" which indicates a Left angle. That's the layout on my Medeco decoder, but Lab's has gotta be the same -- it's the law.

Reply to
Radrunner

The QBK and SDM in the lower left corner are shown relative to "FORE" and "AFT". Biaxial pins axis of rotation are offset by .031 from the center of the pin. A FORE cut is offset toward the shoulder of the key by .031, the AFT cut is offset by .031 toward the tip of the key. The diagram placement illustrates this. Remember, the LINES illustrate the direction of the angle, not the placement of the letters. The top of the decoder shows the pins and could be listed as QBK or KBQ, etc. since it doesn't have to align with anything like the key decoder does.

Reply to
USAddict

If you guys actually own the decoder, you can see the misprint on it.

Reply to
AR

I own the decoder. There is no misprint on it.

USAddict