Burglars seem popular this month!

Well fellas, I got hit too... I was working on a prop for a show up here in Chicago. We broke for lunch today and I have an Eye bolt I put on the back of my Dynasty 200DX and a 1/4" cable I loop around beams,ect and through my hockey bag. Came back from lunch it was all gone. welder, bag with two cylinders, helmet, spares, ect... Well the door security camera has a nice video of the guy walking out with my bag, I don't have the cable so I don't know how he cut it. The pic is good enough for a line-up. I'm gonna beat the fucker when CPD picks him up. Looks like they already know who he is. What a way to avoid watching the Bears game... At least I might (pray) to get my stuff back. I'm gonna make sure he wont steal again. No idle threat there. I am so pissed It took

5 mg of Xanax to finally settle me down. And it's all insured... Looks like I need to invest in a Greenlee box and truck. I can't wait to get the hell out of Chicago!!

Vengeance is mine on this one. Steve B. I'll add a few kicks to send some positive karma your way.

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL. Long Beach, CA.

Reply to
RDF

David Billington

preventing the unit being powered up.<

Or maybe you shouldn't all go to lunch at the same time?

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

"Gunner Asch" wrote: If you have a cordless drill, install a 3/8 bit, and on high speed, drill forward into the kneecap from the back of the leg joint. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I feel pain just thinking about it.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

The Mob's gone metric?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Congratulations, they have not found the guys who did my shed a few weeks ago, and probably won't either. Regrettably there is little you can do about the thief that has the tools to do the job. Heavy duty hardened chain as is used on motor bikes is probably the best that is convenient.

Peter

Reply to
Peter McLelland

some relatively little money. <

For some people it's a way of life. Kind of like a lot of those looters. Sort of like walking down the street and having a $20 bill blow against your leg and no one in sight anywhere out in the middle of nowhere, a "windfall". That's why looting seems universal in some areas. And also why few in those areas speak out against it. I've lost track of things of mine that have disappeared when working in different shops when moving machinery (tools, jacks, chain saw, etc.); mostly when I first got started not later. However when someone breaks into your car or truck while you're inside the building there's not much you can do. Just keep everything in sight or locked-up or have someone present at all times (doesn't always work).

dennis in nca

p.s. Gunner: Sorry to hear about your knife but shame on you for trusting those Westec movers.;)

Reply to
rigger

I had a wallet stolen once, when I was sleeping in a passenger train. Very unfortunate. That was in Russia.

Another time, I made a very nice rustic looking house number sign, out of nicely shaped piece of wood, with big brass numbers etc. It was stolen and vandalized, and later a postman found it somewhere.

Ignoramus4243

The best one I did was call the Sheriff and ask for him to come out. I have some evidence on a mail theft - couldn't locate a local Federal Mail officer. (forget title). The crazy types - drugs naturally - had riffled many mail boxes in Santa Cruz for days. My trash pickup was on Monday - and Monday afternoon they deposited a massive amount of mail. I got the can that night on the way home - finding mail in the bottom. Oh - and candy wrappers and gas charge receipt and ... their mail. The receipts nailed them not part of a mail set. The mail was from all over town. Needless to say, the Sheriff was very very happy.

Martin H. Eastburn

If sny of you guys visit the fishing groups I post on you may have seen this two years ago, or wmaybe last year when I re-posted it.

I was fishing the spring run of Striped Bass in the Roanoke River in NC. We had a Motel room on the river in Weldon NC and of course the boat and all the equipment in it was in the parking lot that night. About twenty boats there that night, all loaded down with fishing equipment. Easy pickings for a thief right?

What any thief's wouldn't know was that "Bozo" my Lab/Chessie mix was also sleeping in the boat. When we go someplace he never gets out of the boat unless I make him. He really acts like he thinks he will be left, and sometimes its hard to get him to leave the boat to go to the bathroom. I wasn't worried about him roaming during the night, (he has also been neutered) so he doesn't wander even at home.

About 2 am I get a phone call from the Motel manager who tells me the local police want me to go out in the parking lot and get my dog. I am about ½ awake and am trying to figure what is going on. I get outside and down at the end of the parking lot are three cop cars, three cops, some dumpsters, and Bozo. Bozo has a thief treed on a large dumpster. Every time the cops try to get the thief down Bozo tries to attack him and he screams. (The cops think this is about as much fun as Bozo does, and everyone is having a great time, except the thief). I go grab Bozo telling him what a good dog he is, the cops get the thief down. As they are taking him to put him in the back of a car he goes past Maynard, my older dog (Lab) who had come out of the Motel room on his leash with my wife. Maynard sticks his head forward (probably to smell the thief but who knows why really) and the thief jumped backwards, right at Bozo who nails him again, this time in the ass. (He had already bit him in the leg and hand).

The cops show me the bag this guy was carrying, It had fishing reels, props, depth finders radios etc in it. He had been going down the line of boats in the parking lot taking whatever he wanted. All he got off my boat was the cotter pin and the nut to the SS Raker Prop which he dropped. The cops said if I felt like it when I got home in a couple of days have the vet fax them a copy of Bozo's rabies vacation form. But if I forgot don't worry that they would start thief on the whole series of rabies shots. Also the theif was an escaped prisioner from the nearby state prison farm, and was believed steeling this stuff so he could get some traveling money.

Reply to
Diamond Jim