What is it? Set 394

As I also mentioned on the site, I won't be able to post the answers until Saturday.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2276. Deluxe ACE Tubular Lock Pick.
Not sure. Portable alcohol blow lamp. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk

2280: To hold shotgun shells, room for 2 boxes. (?)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com:

2277 is definitely a set of blow lamps for soldering. Some of them would use naptha instead of alcohol, which might account for the sooting on one.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Guess

2279 - A variation of the surface of a laundry wash board?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

2275- spreader for....?

2276- some sort of test holder with binding posts for a radio etc vacuum tube.

2279- washboard

2280- urinalysis sample holder? carrier for some kind of detonators?

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67

2277

ether dispenser?

Reply to
phorbin
2277 Is a sight blackener for target shooters
Reply to
Cliff

2275 Hand vise? Art
Reply to
Artemus

As I also mentioned on the site, I won't be able to post the answers until Saturday.

Rob

2277 Jewellers alcohol torches, I have one just like the item on the right.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve

I had one, and turfed it as it's dangerous and uncontrollable using alcohol. Not sure about naphtha. Came from Sears, I think

Reply to
Mark F

2275) An adjustable wrench -- which also looks as though it could be used as a light hammer without abusing it too much.

And perhaps it could be used to grip something like the corrugated steel staples designed to hold two pieced of wood edge to edge for first strike into the wood.

Obviously has a left hand thread on the side near the handle, and a right-hand thread on the side away from the handle, so as you turn the handle clockwise, it will bring both parts together around a center point.

The two long smooth pins are to keep the two halves aligned.

2276) This one looks like a universal key for something like the Ace barrel locks -- loosen the thumbscrews, adjust the projections to the right depths, and you have a key to fit a specific lock. (I've seen versions on vending machines where both the lock and the key can be re-configured to whatever keying pattern you need. I guess that the idea is that if something happens to the guy who fills the machines, all the machines can be re-keyed so whatever was stolen from the other guy (other than the money) will no longer work. Almost certainly the dispatching center has a record of what each machine is currently set to.

Or -- it could be a special tool for extracting pins in a connector?

2277) Alcohol fueled torches for jewelry work at a guess.

2278) A shear which works on things sticking up through a board (missing) and pivots around the big hole. I'm not sure what the small holes are for -- perhaps guidance for drilling the holes for what is to be cut. It is obvious that the handle is on only one side of the blade, and the bevel of the blade favors the down side.

2279) Perhaps the back side of a wooden-handled brush, with the bristles being the other ends of the brass or copper staples?

Something like a curry comb for critters?

2280) A carrying case for medical samples in small bottles? To be carried to the lab?

Perhaps for storing radiation dosimeters? (There should be a re-charger for them there, then, and I see no space for that in the case.)

Perhaps for roll film.

Perhaps for explosive charges?

Now to post this and then see what others have posted.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

But -- you didn't mention anywhere why you posted a day early. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Stop your whinging we are a day ahead of you anyway, which would make us two days ahead of the normal posting

Reply to
George W Frost

2278 is a cheese cutting knife, the holes help stop the cheese sticking to the blade
Reply to
George W Frost

snipped-for-privacy@35g2000prp.googlegroups.com:

Didn't know about naptha ones. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk
2275 a "hand hold vise", i only know the german word: Hammerkloben. A similar tool can be seen here, a Feilkloben:
greetings from germany Chris
Reply to
Christian Stü
2278: looks like it's for lopping something close to 'ground'; maybe a harvest knife for asparagus? Wouldn't work well cutting against a board, like for cheese.

2279: A washboard?

Reply to
whit3rd

Thanks for everyone's patience this week, I was on the road for a few days and just got back and posted the answers, all of them in this set were correctly identified, along with the answers there is a video of the the alcohol torch in use:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.