Looking for drawing if utility company locks

I have what I think is a lock from an electric meter. Its a cylinder about 1/2" in diameter with a approx. 1/8 hole in the center. Id like to know how these locks operate and perhaps make a ket for it. I'm a machinist and have access to a machine shop for personal projects. Thanks, ED

Reply to
Edison

If you have the lock just disassemble it. Or post a picture of the loose lock and maybe someone can help you from there. There was also a thread on this sometime ago. Do a Google on electric meter lock or similar and alt.locksmithing.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Thanks for the help. Google came up empty but a net-wide search came up with this page:

Now I'm wondering what thread that is? Wish I knew the scale then I could put a threag gauge on it and know the pitch. The barrel is sealed and I'd have to destroy it in order to take it apart. Thanks again, Ed

Reply to
Edison

The thread can be found at:

It is long with a fair amount of ethical debate etc. I think there were some links to pics and one or more people gave descriptions of how the lock functions.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

a cylinder

center. Id like