Subcontract Labor Requirements ???

could someone please help me find information regarding (qualification requirements for subcontract labor) ? in other words, what requirements are necessary for one to work as subcontracted labor as opposed to an hourly, commissioned or waged employee in the locksmith field ?

I have been searching google for hours with no luck.

thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
"Keyman

Go to questions about earnings and employment here:

The ssa handles this question best I think. It's complicated as anything to do with the government is. Just remember your state is a bird apart from the other 49 so if it's important that you have to get something right you may want to get a lawyer to help. Here it all boils down to whether or not someone gets a 1099 or not.

Title 23 and 47 here:

Glen Cooper

rules vary from state to state... wildly... my state says you cant provide the tools, OR set the hours... here is the job, do it by such and such a time (stating an ending time) and thats about all. if you 'supervise', or say the person can only work from say 9am to 1pm, then its not an outside contractor.

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

thanks Glen, Shiva and Roger for you're responses. however, I still can't seem to find the requirements for louisiana. was told that I could make an anonymous call to the Louisiana Department of Labor. Don't really want to do that. would rather find something showing the rules.

thanks again

Reply to
"Keyman

ok, your are in/near New Orleans? FInd the local 'big' state office building....

go in, play dumb....whichever dept has control over the employers and employee laws... 'HEY, I am looking at getting some help in my house repair business... whats or where are the laws on subcontractors, what would I be liable for, under what circumstances, and if they ask he job.... say a house painter or something....'

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

google... subcontractor laws in louisiana

also

http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:oXD2mKM78QgJ:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:qSbzDPFTsgIJ:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:ksUB0iHM_V0J:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:O9HcEPbNK5cJ:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:TZkHlOap-rUJ:
http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:ubef1in7LP4J:

maybe....

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

is a

depends on who is

independent

binding on a

someone is an

versa.

contractor has to

has to do jobs

work for a

contractor's

business phone

taxes and doesn't

for.

leg to stand on,

thanks for you're reply. with some advice in private mail. I found what I was looking for by google searching key words (independent contractor) instead if (sub-contractor).

also, thanks to all others that gave their help.

g'day all

Reply to
"Keyman