Position is located in Gardena, California. Must have a right to work
in the United States without company sponsorship. To apply for the
position, please go to our website at
Summary of Job Content: Support the Engineering Department's
objectives with regards to Composite structures design requirements
and current Composite manufacturing processes. Coordinate work efforts
among an IPT team regarding the implementation of new programs into
full manufacturing. Solve composite process related issues through
existing methods or by developing new composite processes.
Dimensions: Dimension Position Information
- Staff (Service) Number of employees providing service to is up to 6
- Budget Expenditures
- Complexity (knowledge / technological) - Significant
- Complexity (product diversity) - Two product Lines
- Area of Responsibility - One Major Program
(no direct reports)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includ - Analyze customer's
drawings, specifications, and P.O. requirements for implementation
into the manufacturing process and provide technical support for /
lead engineering efforts with the Manufacturing Department and the
- Develop and conduct research studies regarding process improvement
and cost reduction.
- Prepare fabrication strategy and instructions with detailed
illustration, which prescribes a logical sequence of action in clear
and concise language that can be used both by the Manufacturing
personnel for production and the customer for hardware acceptance.
- Assist production personnel through new manufacturing processes and
help in evaluating progress.
- Determine test procedures, manpower requirements, equipment,
tooling, schedules and overall cost. Supervise work performed,
summarize results and prepare reports as required.
- Work with cure department, on understanding ways to optimize your
autoclave cure, to better your cycle time, and fix tooling or process
- Assist with the preparation of estimates for bids and proposals.
- Work with tooling department to conceptualize tooling designs, trim
fixtures, lay up tools, formulate design calculations, and design to
cost to meet rate.
- Conduct Process Development Trials to find validate new composite
- Exposure to writing qualification documents to be submitted to
customers is a plus. Ex (Thermal
Profile Plans, Pre-Part Verification Plans, First Part Qualification
- Ability to Create Bill of Materials, from Reviewing Digital CAD
- Inputting part numbers and Bill of Materials into internal database
for purchasing purposes.
- Synthesize input from Engineering, Quality Assurance Engineering,
product management, customer support, systems engineers and
- Coordinate technical and editorial review published materials.
- Follow a laid out manufacturing plan to be implemented into work
instructions for manufacturing
Preferred Qualifications: Competencies: To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies: Design ? Understand drawing and Technical Specification
requirements and coordinate the implementation of requirements through
to the Manufacturing process.
Work is under general direction and includes the performance of duties
for a major project or for projects of moderate complexity with
general direction. The Engineer at this level should be able to draw
solutions from both training and experience. Define manufacturing
approach: tool function, laminating development, bagging techniques,
autoclave curing, trimming, and inspection. Ability to troubleshoot
process development trials. Ability to create a Bill of Materials.
Experience with Boeing qualification process spec BAC 5578 & BAC 5317
is a plus. Experience in writing qualification documents: (TTP, NDI,
PPV, FPQ). Ability to design/ fabricate NDI defect standards, and work
with level III NDI technicians to develop technique sheets. Part of
the work duties may include providing work direction to technicians or
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or/Experience: Bachelor of Science in Engineering or
industrial science and 1-3 years of experience in advanced composite
technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
related to the aircraft / aerospace industry with 6 years of
mechanical engineering experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual
should have working knowledge of MS Office and engineering software
(e.g. CAD, CATIA V5, and MRP systems).
14 years ago