New to the N.G.

I am still finishing my course and this may be told later, but what is the purpose of second set of holes on the plug (if your looking at it from the key end) on the right of the pins (Kwikset security deadbolt)? They do not go all the way through the plug, and it doesn't seem to make the plug bind when it is turned counter clockwise.

I was just curious,

R.P.

Reply to
no-way

Those are for construction keying. Little ball bearings are placed in 1 or

2 chambers to act as a master keying wafer, then when the new owner uses thier key, the bearing drop into those little holes and disable the construction master key. (When I do rekey those locks, I always remove those bearings, and any master wafers in the locks..)
Reply to
Steve

They are for little balls used in construction mastering.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

"R. Place" snipped-for-privacy@no-how.com/ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.nospam.com>

but what is the

looking at it from the

deadbolt)? They do not

make the plug bind

like Steve said..

welcome to the group

Reply to
"Key

They are for construction keying. It's where the balls drop when the owners key is used.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Welcome aboard. That was a very thoughtful question, and several other fine people did a great job answering.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I was just curious, what course are you taking? You like it so far?

Reply to
Goofball

's "Lock picking 101" wanted to see before I bought the entire course. It is simple and straight forward, but then again I have no knowledge to compare their course material against :-) I am also considering
's course. I do maintenance work at night and would like to do lock-outs part-time (for now) in my off time, so I am looking at other courses that fall along those lines.

Any suggestions?

R. Place

Reply to
no-way

Many of the "lockouts" you do will be due to lost keys. If you want to do much business you will have to be able to originate keys as well. If you are talking automotive then something like lockpicking 101 isn't going to help you much you are going to need a car opening kit and manual.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere