Not a typical Sunday

And you thought you had a bad day.

The phone rang and woke me up about noon. I missed the call and she left a message that I returned a few seconds later and I got her voice mail so I called her again. This time I got through.

The lady locked her keys in her truck in front of her apartment. Now when I first got the call the phone cut off after a few rings and something told me just to go back to sleep because she most likely called 6 or 7 other people but me being greedy for money I decided to go on the call anyway.

So I take off waking up about half way through the 20 mile trip to the call. When I got there and went up stairs to talk to her she said through the door that she already got it open and "Thanks but I don't need you now. I tried to call you back" Well I didn't feel like arguing so I told her "Merry Christmas!" and left.

About 15 miles from home I looked at the gas guage and it was on empty so I pulled into the station to get gas and found out I left my wallet at home. I figured I'd head on home because I managed to creep home before on empty so I figured I'd make it. Well I made it alright, about 12 miles, still two or three miles to go and here I am broke down out of gas on the side of the freeway. No problem I thought. I'll just call home and get some gas and my wallet brought to me.

Wrong, here comes the wrecker. It seems our mayor says you cant run out of gas on the side of the freeway anymore. They respond in 6 minutes or less after the cameras on the freeway see you. It took this guy about 5 minutes. I told him they would be bringing the gas in a few minutes and he said he would be forced to call the cops if I wouldn't let him tow me. Well I didn't want to get a ticket for not having my drivers license and insurance on me so he hooked me up and I waved to the person with the gas as we drove off to the house in the wrecker. That cost 75 bucks.

I went and got a 12 pack and called it a day. Tommorow can't be any worse.

Glen

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Oh I forgot to say. This jerk said it wasn't his job to give me gas. I think I need to shut up now because it's pissing me off the more I think about it.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

wait till they start the only red cars allowed on the roads on monday rule...

isn't fascism wonderful?

Reply to
effi

Yow, sounds like that's about as bad as a day gets.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe the other posters on the group can help avoid problems, if we take a closer look at your email?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Til About 4:00 or 5:00 AM

Yep.

"No, your the only one I called."

You never have enough money.

A few on Sunday. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

They always tell you no. Even if a slim jim is caught in the door they'll say that happened a month ago and I haven't gotton it out yet.

Yep.

Being stupid.

Most of the time yes.

I do now.

Nope. Maybe a half a buck at most.

Agreed.

I figured I'd make it. City streets, red lights and stop and go traffic. I nner city. The freeway was a straight shot. My house is next to it on the service road.

I can't figure out that one. The city sells the zone permits to the wrecker companies for a large some of money and the state owns the freeways but all the money goes to the city.

Think first, then make a move and always keep a 20 hidden in the truck.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Til About 4:00 or 5:00 AM CY: Wow, that's plenty late. I can imagine with you working that late, it makes the next day confused.

Yep.

"No, your the only one I called." CY: I have had customers like that. She likely told all the others the same line.

You never have enough money. CY: for sure. Just like the federal budget, expenses rise past the level of income.

A few on Sunday. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. CY: and you have a warm heart and an empty wallet? Me, too!

They always tell you no. Even if a slim jim is caught in the door they'll say that happened a month ago and I haven't gotton it out yet. CY: I've had some folks say yes, and then go trhough the list of who's worked on it. At that point, I add ten or twenty dollars to my cost. Partly cause they know it's a tough open, and partly cause someday I'll end up fixing one that I didn't break.

Yep.

Being stupid. CY: I was doing the same thing the day of the big Northeast Blackout. I was rolling along on fumes, trying to get to this other gas station that was 8 cents cheaper. The blackout hit, and that 8 cents sure didn't look like much, then.

Most of the time yes.

I do now. CY: Me, too!

Nope. Maybe a half a buck at most.

Agreed.

I figured I'd make it. City streets, red lights and stop and go traffic. I nner city. The freeway was a straight shot. My house is next to it on the service road. CY: Yes, freeways are much better mileage. Well, worth a try anyhow.

I can't figure out that one. The city sells the zone permits to the wrecker companies for a large some of money and the state owns the freeways but all the money goes to the city. CY: I doubt the wrecker guys work for free. Someone is getting paid, there.

Think first, then make a move and always keep a 20 hidden in the truck. CY: And a couple beers sure helps the pain go away. I used to drink, back when.

CY: Thanks for sharing. I've been in similar situations. I've had two dead batteries within the last 30 days, been towed off a limited access highway, and most of those other things you had go wrong.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon