NYNEX ( Bell Phone from 80's )

Hello Again ! well as you guys know I'm a new guy in here and after all the comments left from you guys I have decided to do my on picks and get my hands on this payphone lock that I've told. I know It is VERY hard to pick this type of lock but this one is doing something different. Also I know I need a T-Key to work with the reg.lock but this is what is going on. Without a pick and with the help of a old screwdriver I went to try move the ( CAN ? ) cylinder ? and moved. I can hear some lever inside ( the same with the other T-key lock ) as I try to open ; but the lock don't turn all the way . I will order some picks and I will try again but I'm loosing my head. I really want to drill it and get over it. If I do so , I wont be able to learn. sorry for my post but I have to share this with someone. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Reply to
MTEIXEIRA65

Speaking only for myself, my policy is that I don't teach picking techniques unless I've personally known the person for two years.

You can find many forums on the web, but that's out of my control.

When I was new at locksmithing, I was completely fascinated by picking. Now, after 20+ years in the trade, it's an important part of the job, but not totally fascinating. There is so much more to the job.

The reasons I don't teach picking are several.

1) There is no way to know who is the person asking. Most people asking (or lurking and reading the posts) are decent people, but a few are not. So, I've decided simply not to say anything to anyone.

2) Picking locks is a "trade secret" like many other trades which have their techniques and systems.

3) A very small part of the security of locks is that so few people know how to pick them. So, by teaching lock picking, I make all locks less secure for the world. Not what I want to do.

4) Purely selfishly, I learned lock picking the hard way, with lots of practice, and you can do the same.

I wish you well. Hope this doesn't sound unkind, but the world isn't a nice place sometimes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Here is what is going on, the phone is locked, this is why it won't open. Why don't you just call NYNEX or whoever took over NYNEX and see if they will give you a set of keys?

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

The payphone probably has a medeco lock installed in it... You won't be able to pick it open your first time out as a novice... Those locks are a pain in the butt if they break or are vandalized... The mall I used to work at had some payphones that it owned/operated and several years ago someone went around and put epoxy in the keyholes on the side of the phone case... Those locks are rather pricy to replace...

I would recommend that you take this phone to a locksmith shop to have it opened by someone who knows what they are doing...

I think that the professionals on this NG have told you that they won't give you tips on how to pick -- read the FAQ -- so either do it yourself or bring it to a shop somewhere...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student..

Reply to
Evan