Re: A little "Customer Service" humor

I just had a flash-back from when I used to work in a shop ('bout twenty
years ago). People would walk up to the counter with a lunch bag and dump
out an old mortise lock (in pieces).
This was in the days before Rubik's Cube.
For those of you who don't know where I'm going with this... Putting a
mortise lock back together when you never got to look at it before it was
taken apart is one of the pest puzzles you'll ever do. (And very
profitable)
Bobby
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
Bobby, you must have gotten one that had critters in residence. My favorite is finding spiders in them.
Lou
Reply to
Grrly girl
You must be out in the counrty. In the city, its roaches. Fortunately though, when they'd bring the lock into the shop, the residents had already fled.
If I go into a house that is infested by roaches, fleas, whatever, I politely refuse the job and leave. The last think I want is to take any of them home (or even back to my truck) with me. I've gone to jobs and had them craw up my arm. Sorry, but you can't pay me enough to work in those conditions.
Bobby
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
shop ('bout twenty
lunch bag and dump
this... Putting a
it before it was
(And very
residence.
don't forget the roaches :-)
Reply to
"Keyman
"Steve Paris" snipped-for-privacy@myoffice.net.au> wrote in message news:bh8vil$2hn$ snipped-for-privacy@gnamma.connect.com.au...
want is to take any
to jobs and had
enough to work in
gecko's (lizards)
hoards of bloody
hate fleas and fleas hate me, and I was thinking of visiting down under one of these days :-) hope yall have "off bug spray" over there ?
Reply to
"Keyman
I would like to go to Australia one day, but that trip is big bucks. After the airfare, i doubt I could afford the hotel. maybe we coulds stay at steve's. :)
Bobby
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
big bucks. After
coulds stay at
locksmith company
your
Problems.
hand, that he may
because he cares
maybe ? what ya say Steve ?
Reply to
"Keyman
is big bucks.
coulds stay at
around a bit and get
Cairns! :o)
discount!
Cairns is where I would want to go. thanks to a good friend in Edmonton, I just got to see the place thats using my logo :-)
g'day
Reply to
"Keyman
Take a two week coach tour in the Outback - they have a cook on board and a supply of easy to put up tents.
By the way in the middle of such a tour, I saw a notice in a locksmiths shop in Alice Springs that went along the lines of 'Can't you read - we do NOT do shoe repairs so do not bother asking'.
Reply to
Peter
Thank ya, no! My idea of "roughing it" is a hotel room without a refrigerator and microwave. "No cable" is simply out of the question.
Bobby
Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML
trip
maybe we
30%
hell no. never mess with someone on their turf :-) I am just amazed that my logo ended up on public building doors and through out the police department. ("Lock It, Don't Loose it")
Reply to
"Keyman
cook on board
without a
the question.
locksmith company
your
Problems.
hand, that he may
because he cares
heard that !!!
Reply to
"Keyman
Is that logo/slogan a legal trademark to which you have copyright? Just curious. Not trying to bait you :). If not consider there aren't that many ways to say Lock it, Don't Lose it. Is it possible or even likely that they came up with the wording independently?
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
"ahl" snipped-for-privacy@LOSETHISBITbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
Ha ha, an 'all time' great slogan should be shared by all. I've got a large cartoon pic of a burglar with a crow bar in one hand and a sack of someone's belongings in the other, with the slogan below. Works a treat at traffic lights. Always see people checking him out, and quite often I see them pull out the note book to take down our phone number. Works nearly as well as my letterbox 'totem pole' out the front, that is totally covered with hundreds of keys. People remember junk like that. I've had interstate customers ring through jobs for their holiday homes, and ask if I'm the guy with the 'key totem pole' letterbox out the front of his house. As far as fleas go, pretty rare to encounter them here, except in the filthiest of dumps, where people have had half a dozen dogs and cats living inside. I charge $5 per itchy bite, if they don't want to get the place fumigated before I do the job. ..... Fleas 'SUCK' :-)
Reply to
Steve Paris
"ahl" snipped-for-privacy@LOSETHISBITbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
What,?? you mean "YOU" don't wear white socks to work ?? ........ must be some kind of sick weirdo or something. It's a 'fashion statement ya know ! It's good enough for Pat Rafter and Layton Hewitt to wear white socks, so it's good enough for me, .. besides, they show off my lovely tanned legs. :-)
Reply to
Steve Paris
Nope plain old black. You can wipe greasy fingers on them and they still look black.
Bloody banana benders!!
Besides, if I wore white socks I wouldn't know where my lily white legs ended and my feet started!!
Reply to
ahl
"ahl" snipped-for-privacy@LOSETHISBITbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
Now I have a great idea, wear one white and one black sock, great talking point for ya customers, and they sure will remember you next time their lock stuffs up !
Reply to
Steve Paris

Site Timeline