See Your Linux Support Structure In Action.

Yes you should. Funny but too true:

Well, this is not true. Clearly not true. If you PAY for a boxed set of Linux, you get equivilent free support from the Linux distributor.

Well, they will be employed by the Linux distributor or a service company. You will have 30~90 days free support if you by a Linux box.

You can use the internet if you like.

Internet support is like any community based support. Microsoft also employs internet community support.

Hmmm, and your attitude is civil?

Are you a Linux user? You are pretty nasty.

Ahh, locksmith rant. I've heard this before. There are so many aliases for you.

Good for you. People that don't trust open source, don't understand software development in general.

Reply to
mlw

Thinking of switching to Linux? Better consider support before moving over.

Linux support is done mainly via internet unless you purchase an enterprise level support agreement, with an enterprise level price.

So who are these people who will be assisting you with your questions about Linux?

Take a look at this group, or alt.os.linux.suse or any of the Linux groups. You see a bunch of child like babies whose only function in life appears to exude an air of superiority due to their self perceived genious when it comes to Linux.

Some of the nastiest people on the internet are Linux users, followed only by Locksmiths who at least have a reason in that their moronic career is going down the drain because any idiot can replace a lockset.

Would you trust your business to these wanna-be keyboard warriors?

Not me...

Reply to
Lisa Cottmann

Thanks, Lisa! You came off as very thoughtful and mature in your arguments! NOT!

I would love to intelligently debate you on the subject of competency of OSes in the areas of Security, Stability, and efficiency of code. But, I won't fight an un-armed opponent.

One problem that does affect your credibility, though, is your fervency, bordering upon the fanatical. You seem to be a Borg zealot, in all of your 'messages'.

Also, I can't fathom why everyone you hang out with in the Redmond offices are anti-Linux, whilst your boss runs his domain on 15,000 Akamai Linux servers.

But, I know your name from the troll boards. What kind of technologist opposes using better, safer, more competent, more stable, faster, tools? None? Ah, yes, 'marketing' department dweebs!

Reply to
patrick

...then better talk to Susan first!

Reply to
B Gruff

Folks, note the crossposting and _PLEASE_ don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 05:54, Lisa Cottmann is alleged to have said in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

You've proven this statement to be untrue, as you're in here and at least claim to be a windows fanatic. I'd say you're definitely the nastiest, skankiest, most insipid waste of space and bandwidth I've ever had the misfortune to encounter.

Of course, since you're in here, uninvited and attacking pretty much at random, expecting polite and informed replies is a bit unrealistic.

But then, being nothing but a slimy little troll, you of course don't care, and merely want attention, even if it's the bad kind. Sad, really. You should seek counseling, and then perhaps you'll finally come to terms with whatever trauma you went through. I'm thinking this involved a mutually consenting relationship with either a beloved uncle/aunt, or perhaps even a parent. But that's merely conjecture on my part.

Reply to
Rob Hughes

On 21 Sep 2005 03:54:40 -0700, someone posing as Lisa Cottmann pretended that someone gave a rat's ass and spewed out:

<pure bullshit snipped>

So, "Lisa" or whoever the f*ck you are...

How's life up north? Just curious because in the past few days, you've posted no less than 17 times to COLA from the same IP 68.164.181.xxx. One could assume you're too f****ng retarded to use a proxy while you post not-so-anonymously through Google groups.

I wonder what other socks you post through, eh moron?

Listen, if you have a problem with Linux or Windows or whatever the f*ck operating system your mommy let's you have on your little bedroom PC, then keep it to yourself. Otay?

HAND

Reply to
Perfect Reign

you think all a Locksmith does is "replace a lockset" ? you are more clueless than I thought ! also, watch your cross-posting. that's another giveaway that you are clueless !

Reply to
Key

Err, no? It's a lot less expensive than Windows support is.

This is an advocacy group, not a tech support group.

That, and answer people's tech questions. Not really much of a suprrise that people tell you to f*ck off, flatfish. Your nothing more than an annoying troll.

Only nasty to you, flatso.

More than Akhmed the $.50/hr first tier tech support monkey.

Reply to
TheLetterK

So, are you superior to these people? Go on, I'm curious...

Your subjective bias is all too evident...did the locksmith charge you too much after YOU failed to replace the lock yourself?

Yes I would. Open source is making headway, against the tide of software patents, exclusivity agreements, anti-competitive practices, and all the other dirty tricks Microsoft and friends have of late been using to stop progress in anything they consider to be a 'threat' to their empire.

Reply to
Chris Wilkinson

Lisa, in a thread you started, you claim that MS Windows is worth the money because it will save valuable time over finding a Linux solution.

Why is paying money to MS a "Good Thing" and money for Linux support a silly waste? Which side of this money argument are you arguing?

Your thread is here ...

Would you trust your business to a company's management that betrays their customers?

No, not you Lisa. You would put your business into the hands of a company with a Bait-and-Switch EULA.

Reply to
gizmo99