how to remove a deadbolt

I have a cabin built about 1930. The front door has a deadbolt - with a key on both the outside and the inside. The name of the lock is HARLOC I want to replace it but it's not at all clear to me how to remove the old lock. On the inside there are two places which I imagine might be lead plugs that have been installed over bolts? This is just my guess. Can anyone tell me how to take it off the door?

Reply to
dickknox

got the key?

not knowing Harloc's personally (I DETEST THEM, actually) if the 'plug' looks like its UNDER the outer skin of the metal, 1 layer deeper, then it needs the key to turn it, exposing the screws..

OR if its flush, it could be as you say, plugged.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

It's been a long time since I worked on one, but I think the Harlocs, you have to turn the (indoor) key a bit to the left to expose the mounting screws.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:rSxYe.123782$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com...

bingo ...

Reply to
Key

Roger, wilco. It is a pleasure to hear that I got it write. End, thank ewe very mulch.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I sure feel stupid not to mention the key. I believe grandpa had the key. We've installed a hasp and a padlock decades ago.

Reply to
dickknox