remove a HARLOC deadbolt without the key

Yesterday I stupidly asked for help on removing a HARLOC deadbolt - I forgot to mention that which was obvious to me but of course unknown to all of you - I don't have the key. It was lost decades ago and we've been using a hasp and padlock as long as I can recall.

Reply to
dickknox

you may have to break out the drill to expose the screws ?

Reply to
Key

"...drill to expose the screws..." Does this imply that the two depressions on the inside that look like thay may be lead plugs, are in fact lead plugs covering screws?

Reply to
dickknox

not necessarily.. it could be a 'cover plate' that rotates with the key to hide/expose the screws.. EITHER WAY.. since you have no key.. take a drill and see what shows up.. CAREFULLY

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

see --Shiva-- response. news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

will add, you may try a small dill bit (dead center) first. just incase they are plugs covering allen screws. but I believe its a shifted plate you will be drilling. just don't get carried away with the drill, stay shallow. (slow & easy)

g'luck

Reply to
Key