tann model 4720 lock

I am unable to open our safe. I still have keys. I can turn the keylock easily, but am unable to then turn the three pronged thing on the door. I have my original combination, but can't figure out how to use the combination lock.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks!

Jeri

Reply to
jeriwshaffer

Dialing Instructions - Three Wheel Lock

4XL - 1st #

3XR - 2nd #

2XL - 3rd #

R to full stop

Dial Left stopping on the first number the fourth time you come to it. Dial Right stopping on the second number the third time you come to it. Dial Left stopping on the third number the second time you come to it. Dial Right--SLOOOOOOWLY-- until the dial stops. Now turn the handle.

One more thing to note...

If you pass a number on the last turn to it, start over from the beginning. For instance you're dialing the second number of the combination - lets say it's "20" and you pass it *even by one number*, you can't just back up. You have to start all over.

The first number (and _only_ the first number) you can pass and just go around again. It can be 4 or 40 turns. Doesn't matter (Just don't try to back up)

Numbers 2 and 3 matter! When it says 3 times to that number and you pass it (again, even by one) you have to start from the very beginning.

Do it VERY slooooooowly at first until you get the hang of it. Some people even put (assuming you're right handed) their left thumb on the dial at 9:00 as a "brake" to keep from passing a number.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS