Vachette locks

Hello all. I just received a call re. Vachette mortice locks. Vachette.com doesn't seem to have any links other than sales oriented info. Here I am in New England and there the locks are in The Republic of Cameroon. They seem to be a standard Euro-profile cylinder. Do you know if Vachette uses what I would call standard pin sizes? Ie. aka Sargent, Schlage and that ilk. From the conversation, the blank's bow has what we agreed was a baseball diamond shape. Vachette is stamped on the bow and what may be the bitting below the name.

Thanks in advance, Lou

Reply to
Grrly Girl

Website suggests these are patent-protected keyways.

Personally, unless you know the person whom you're dealing with very well indeed, I'd be extremely careful about getting involved in an overseas order. Scams have become big business.

Reply to
Joseph Kesselman

Yes, I know him well enough to trust. His organization is a missionary. I worked with him in the private sector when we both much younger. It just happens that his home port is near me. I've done other work for him and his organization. I'd be donating time and effort vs. materiel or cash. But yes, the warning is extremely valid. Fortunately for me there'd be no site visits other than on the web. Lou

Reply to
Grrly Girl

Sorry about the post, but Lou's hiding her address so I can't take it offline...

I just wanted to ask whether there was an agreed-upon definition of "grrl" anywhere. Websearch has so far found only "this is what it means to me" approximations. There are a few other folks I can ask, but since you're self-identifying with it I figured you had an opinion...

Reply to
Joseph Kesselman

Grrly girl will have to speak for herself, but what's available at netlingo and Macquarie are:

grrl - also seen as: grrrl -or- grrls -or- grrlz The term grrl was one of the first online jargon references in NetLingo.com. She is a female Internet user (as in a girl, even though she may be a woman) who uses zines, vanity pages, and/or blogs to express herself. The term originally comes from feminists and female punk rockerswho like to toy with the status quo...instead of spelling "girl" the traditional way, they started spelling it online with two r's. The spelling became mainstream early on when the development of a women's technology support group called Webgrrls, gained popularity in

2000. From hereon, it simply refers to a girl (and a woman) who spends a lot of time online -- NetLingo

grrl - noun 1. a respelling of the word girl, connoting aggression, strength, self-confidence, etc., and rejecting the connotations of weakness, meekness, prissiness, etc., usually associated with that word.

  1. Internet a female Internet user who is up-to-date with the latest, coolest things. Also, grrrl. [blend of girl with the representation of a growl grrr] -- Macquarie Dictionary Online

wikipedia has decided to do their article on riot grrrl, which has a long history.

Mike Easter

For me, I've been in male oriented work most of my life. I'm more of a Luddite than a net-chick. I tend to growl when I'm peeved. A low in the throat rumble which usually isn't heard unless you're very near. I can smile and appear pleasant. Don't knock it. It beats hitting the customers when I'm annoyed. GG Lou

Reply to
Grrly Girl