what is typical cost to duplicate a round key

Hi,

I need to dup a round key (pins in circle vs inline). It opens the back of some CNC equipment. My co-worker in the maintenance department doesn't have a key and I thought I would get my key copied so he would quit borrowing mine.

What does it normally cost? I guess if worse comes to worse, I could turn some round stock, and use a small mill bit and a bridgeport to make another key but if this is cheap enough to just pay a lock guy, I'll get him a key for his Christmas present. Yes, I am a cheapskate.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

For a regular tubular key like an ace 5-20 depending on where you are.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

opens the

maintenance

key copied

worse, I could

bridgeport to

lock guy,

cheapskate.

probably less than $20.00 contact your local Locksmith.

Reply to
Key

For a standard "Ace" key, I get $6

Reply to