What would you say is the most pick resistant lock?

I have seen Abloys, Mul-t-locks, dimple locks, high security 3 pin set locks picked, and I have heard of Medeco being picked. Are there any mechanical locks out there that are seemingly impossible to pick even with expensive tools? I find it incredable how within a short time after the locks are introduced devices are created to pick them. Is there anything left that hasn't been figured out yet? (mostly because I want to try to figure it out) =)

Reply to
Paul M.

The point is not has a "single example ever been picked".. Rather it's can a person with say better than average knowledge and skills sit down and repeatedly pick (or otherwise compromise) a random selection of locks from one of the systems you mention in a reasonable amount of time...say less than 30 minutes/per lock. Locks are part of a physical security solution. They have there applications but then there are many times when due to their inherent weaknesses its necessary to supplement them with alarms, safes, access controls, video or even guard patrols. The trick is picking the proper mix.

Reply to
Jim Gaynor

Hmm. Maybe we should reverse this thread?

Least pick resistant: Kwikset, Weiser.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

hmm, I got a couple of $2 padlocks laying around that will open if you look at them funny. They make Kwikcrap look like Medeco. =)

Reply to
Paul M.

Have a look at the MCS or 3KS at

- at least I never have heard that one of them had been opened without key or without destroying the mechanism.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

Reply to
Paul M.

Reply to
Wayne's Locks

Try picking a side bar lock with just a pick set.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

that will be a

it would definatly be a challenge..

website. Does it

don't know ? didn't destroy the lock to see...

Reply to
"Keyman

Alboy or W-Lok or

their stainless

W-LOK Corp.

861 Productions Place, Holland, MI 49423 USA Phone?616-355-4015, Fax?616-355-4295, Toll Free?1-877-355-WLOK URL?
E-Mail? snipped-for-privacy@wlokcorp.com

call em !!!

Reply to
"Keyman