Al2O3 patterning

Dear Boer porous alumina is compeletly different from alpha-alumina substrates that I want to etch. Phosphoric acid only in 350°C and with great cautions to prevent decomposition can etch it with 1um/min rate. chromic acid and as I said earlier NaOH have no significant effect at all.

Dear Uncle Al I'll try your advice soon. I hope it works. thank you a lot.

Regards Nima

Reply to
Nima

Hi, Now I know that we can etch alumina in too high temperature and pressure like 10000 psi in NaOH, KOH, NaCl, etc. and there is one report of etching it in phosphoric acid in 350°C -search "Micromachining of fine ceramics by photolitography" in Sensor and Actuator- but all of these is too harsh condition and cannot easily perform.

Dear Uncle Al porous alumina os a very intresting material with its high etchablity but converting it to alumina is a hard work to do. I cannot understand your means of "/_\H" ... what is this?

Thanks a lot Nima

Reply to
Nima