Al2O3 patterning

Hi,
I want to etch Al2O3 but I can not pattern it because photoresist stick to and don't remove enough in exposed areas. Can anyone help me
in choosing another masking material or changing process parameters to solve this?
thanks, Nima
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nima) wrote in message

Try descum in Oxygen plasma for a minute or two - enough to remove exposed scum but not enough to strip too much resist in unpatterned areas.
Regards, Fred
Thanks dear friends for your advices, I successed in patterning it but in trying to etch with 1:1:3 NH4OH:H2O2:H2O in 80C and boiling sulfuric acid but neither do good. the former remove the mask and the latter with Cr mask hasn't significant effect. I search and find that may H3PO:Cr2O3 can do it. are any one know about alumina etchants? and dear uncle Al. I don't understand what is the effect of silan on the alumina surface. can you express this?
Thanks a lot Nima
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nima) wrote in message

Here are a couple of related links on alumina etchants from archives sci.nanotech:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=cia2si0fl1%40enews2.newsguy.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm 1ul50eij%40enews4.newsguy.com
Regards, Fred
after all, I try NaOH and acid nitric even boiling and use acid nitric vapor too but I don't see any change. this may be because I want to etch through substarte and not only in grain bonderies and these materials have a little effect then. there should be an etchant for alumina that can solve it relativly rapid but what is that? and about silane, I cannot test it because of it's dabger of explosion! may be something little dangerous be found. I try ...
thanks for comments and looking for more advices Nima
Nima wrote:

Dilute chromic acid and phosphoric acids will selectively pattern alumina. As was stated in earlier posts we know that 1M NaOH will etch alumina. Reference: "Fabrication of Alumina Nanotubes and Nanowires by Etching Porous Alumina Membranes" Z.L.Xiao et al. Naanoletters 2002 Vol.2, No.11 1293-1297
boer