amorphous metals

If one were to take a rod of amorphous metal and draw it into a wire, would it still be amorphous, or it would it develop
grain structure?
If you can draw it into wire, it will still be amorphous. Amorphous metals are generally hard and strong, probably difficult to draw. Also you need to avoid heating, since heating causes crystallization and this generally gives a very brittle material. My experience is with the first-generation amorphous alloys, which can only be made in thin ribbons or very fine wires. The wires can be drawn to smaller diameters. I have no experience with the newer amorphpous alloys that can be made in diameters up to maybe an inch or so, but I would expect them to behave similarly.
C.D. Graham wrote:

Although I can not say whether or not drawing the amorphous material into wire would directly induce crystallization, I do know that you would have to be very careful in terms of work put into the material. Many amorphous materials can devitrify at relativly low temperatures and during cold working. Much like C.D. Graham, I can not comment on the ever growing number of new alloys, but I do know that you have to be very careful about letting any energy stay within the amorphous structure.
Seth