Artificial Diamond

I seem to recall Uncle Al was working on making inexpensive Diamonds using "Devil Solvent", seems like two commercially viable approaches are already
there:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html
wonder how the diamond market will react?
Mark

I read the article in the newstand copy of Wired. One of the men who started a company based on one of the processes, said that he met with a DeBeers representative. The DeBeers man's face went pale white, and his hands did not stop shaking through the whole episode. Still, DeBeers' "official word" is that "The public knows better and even if it is flawless 100% synthetic carbon crystalline diamond, they will still see the value in a natural diamond."
Tim Boescke wrote:

"Ginsu Knives are the Only Knives You'll Ever Need!"
The marketing pitch states the following.
"Ginsu Titanium Nitride coated chef's knife." "Ginsu knives feature permanently bonded blades made of surgical stainless steel."
I have not seen a Ginsu razor yet. There may be a conspiracy with disposable razor manufacturers to block such a product. There is a similar situation where the ultrasonic cloth washing machines are opposed by detergent manufactures.
Would a diamond-coated razor be technically better or more economical than a TiN-coated surgical stainless steel razor?
--
Simon Sunatori <http://WWW.HyperInfo.CA/~ snipped-for-privacy@HyperInfo.CA/>
65, des Parulines <mailto: snipped-for-privacy@HyperInfo.CA>