artificial intalligence

Note: you may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance explanations.

Qns - The two well - known logics viz. prepositional logic (PL) and first order predicate logic (FOPL) are monotonic logics. Knowledge bases (KB’s) that use PL and FOPL for inferencing are monotonic, i.e., adding new facts of such a KB increases the amount of knowledge contained in the KB. However, the axioms for real life Abs are found to be neither complete nor certain and hence have to be non-monotonic. Discuss all the extensions (that are discussed in your text) of PL and FOPL that accommodate different forms of uncertainties and non-monotonic ties. this is my project question i am student mca, india,need this ans before 30th oct04 thank you

Reply to
rohit srivastava

Generally, when someone asks a question that is obviously a question on an exam, they get lots os replies telling them to do their own homework.

It wouldn't be fair to the other students, or fair to you for us to snawer your exam questions for you.

If you cannot do the research, even using the internet, to answer such a direct question in a take-home exam, you do not deserve a passing grade in this class.

If you ask a question about some misunderstanding you have on this subject, and demonstrate that you mostly understand the problem, but are confused about some small part of it, then this or other news groups can be a great resource to help you get ovet that last small bit of confusion.

I'm willing to bet that this reply will be the kindest of the forthcoming replies.

Reply to
Alan Kilian

We told me that indian students were the best in the world and that we would be soon completely owned by their awesome skills. But it doesn't seem so clear to me now :)

Reply to
Grégory Mermoud

Maybe he's taking the test for an American student.

Mitch Berkson

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

The artist formerly known as Mitch Berkson wrote: | Grégory Mermoud wrote: || rohit srivastava wrote: ||| Note: you may use illustrations and diagrams to enhance ||| explanations. ||| ||| ||| Qns - The two well - known logics viz. prepositional logic (PL) and ||| first order predicate logic (FOPL) are monotonic logics. Knowledge ||| bases (KB’s) that use PL and FOPL for inferencing are ||| monotonic, i.e., adding new facts of such a KB increases the amount ||| of knowledge contained in the KB. However, the axioms for real life ||| Abs are found to be neither complete nor certain and hence have to ||| be non-monotonic. Discuss all the extensions (that are discussed in ||| your text) of PL and FOPL that accommodate different forms of ||| uncertainties and non-monotonic ties. ||| this is my project question i am student mca, india,need this ans ||| before 30th oct04 thank you || || We told me that indian students were the best in the world and that we || would be soon completely owned by their awesome skills. But it doesn't || seem so clear to me now :) | | Maybe he's taking the test for an American student.

In any case, I don't think Rohit Srivanstava is by any means a majority representation of an entire race of people, hence any generalities about indian students become unfounded (and racist).

I don't think we need to start a flame war.

Reply to
mark thomas

Reply to
The Artist Formerly Known as K