Rigging diagrams for Curtiss Jenny JN-4?

I've had an old, bright yellow Curtiss Jenny kit in my garage for
several years. I think about finishing it off and on but the rigging
question keeps holding me back. I can't seem to find any legible
rigging diagrams showing how the cables are routed. If anyone could
give me some pointers or direct me to some material illustrating the
rigging layout of this plane I would be much obliged.
Reply to
riromero
I think it is relatively easy: Connect every strut attachment point to all the other strut attachment points with a wire.
Jack G.
Reply to
Jack G
The best thing is to look at photos of real planes. There are a ton of them out there. I also kept a nice calendar picture of one tht shows the rigging very nicely - at least most of it.
Search on airliners.net - I just did a quick search and came up with over 20. Here are a couple (you will probably have to cut and paste these links as they are Looooooong!):
Here is a link to a photo CD I found (google search) of detail pix of a restored Jenny:
You also might want to contact Cleveland Models. They have excellent plan sets, and yes, they are still in business, though they have re-located (Indianapolis, I think) under new ownership. Been a while since I had their catalog.
John Alger IPMS 10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers
Reply to
John
Control rigging is something else, but the static rigging of the wing bays on the Jennie is easy. The space between each pair of struts is called a "bay". For each bay, there is a fore and aft X set of wires, and in each bay both the forward and rearward struts have an X between them. So for each bay there are three X's, one fore and aft and two spanwise, all three X's in vertical planes.
Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota