bad fitting bonnet

Building the AMT Dodge Challenger (Van Point box)

Put the roof on, and sanded it, as its the wrong roof, and made the gearstick into a pistol grip, i noticed some other slight differances between the kit and the one used in the movie, but its a gift for someone, so in a enclosed case and the guy wont notice the differances.

Now the bonnet is a bad fit....nightmare, as well as not being the right width, it wont lay straight....its around the windscreen/firewall area.

I boxed all my kits, so i couldnt find my Revell boxed kit, its in one of 25 huge massive boxes!! and sealed...

I dry fitted the body and chrome bits, doesnt seem too bad.

Does anyone know what white the Challenger is? i cant remember the website for a car forum i used years ago..anyone?

Im going to have to use car paint, so in a can, i dont think i would get the exact match here in the UK, so something damn close would be good enough.

Im thinking of doing one side of the car clean, and one side batterd a little and dirty, with mud, with one side saying VANSIHING POINT and the other FLUCHTPUNKT SAN FRANCISCO as it was known in Germany (the kit is for someone who sent me the DVD last year from Germany, not knowing it was my fave movie, he saw the movie in the former DDR back in the 70's)

Also does anyone have lying around, the figure of Kowolski? i know it came with the metal kit available in the US, it was too expensive to get one shipped over.

Next couple of days i will try to take some fotos and post them on the binary site..

Reply to
Jules

1970 MY Challengers came in white EW1, I guess the EW1 is the Dodge paint code. 1971 Challengers came in bright white, GW3. Doubt you'd get those off the shelf in Halfrauds, but how about going into a bodyshop suppliers and seeing if they can mix you some up? My local one will make up a 400ml aerosol for around a fiver, and they can mix an astonishing range of colours going back years, especially if you're armed with the correct name or code for the colour you need. Might be worth a try.

Anyway, lots of Challenger stuff here:

flak monkey

yeah i read that link some time ago, i have loads of referance pics of the real thing, and i know Greg, the guy from musclecarcalender in the US, but my house fone is broken at the mo so cant call him....

I think for a fiver, making a spray can up is worth it, so wil go along that route....

Reply to
Jules