WTB - Rigging

I need some rigging. Particularly, two long nylon straps with sewn eyes to cradle my boat. About 12' long. Can also use some shorter ones for logging, about 4-12 ft. And some socketed wire rope chokers that haven't been crimped 3/8"-1/2" 10'-12'. Shorter ones, too. Assorted shackles, pulleys, grab hooks, slip hooks, chain link joiners, etc. Will pay Paypal, or other, and will pay shipping Flat Rate USPS PM. Used okay, but no junk. No ripped nylon, or crushed or birdsnested wire rope. Couple of fish hooks okay. Also any longer lengths of 1/4" - 3/8" wire rope, preferably factory socketed, but not necessary. 25'+ up to 100+'. Again, used, but no bad damage.

Or new would be nice ..........

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@XXXgXmailXX.com figure it out.

Reply to
Steve B

I got some for you, I am moving now, but will get back to you. I have some 11k capacity liftalls. Used but nice

Ignoramus21395

i reread what you posted, i have a shipload of stuff, i

** Sent from my Google ph> I need some rigging. Particularly, two long nylon straps with sewn eyes to
Reply to
Ignoramus21395

A good farm supply will have straps. Then cut to length and take them to a tent and awning repair shop to sew loops.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I think it is MSC that will custom-make lifting straps by the foot.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I'm allergic to retail. But I do have a walking foot heavy duty sewing machine, and may look into making my own, as it would make it easier to make multiple loop, and offset slings.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Then you'll be able to work like a rigger.

Reply to
ATP

I an Offshore Petroleum Industry, and OSHA certified. But I don't know if those have expiration dates. In fact, I don't even know where they are. But I WAS really certified in another life. I am retired now.

Really.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

That's cool. I remember when I was a kid my father went to a military parachute rigging school. They had some pretty big sewing machines for the equipment slings.

Reply to
ATP

"ATP" wrote

This is the original monster. Complete with table, HUGE motor, head, everything. All together, I'd say the head, motor, and table weigh 150# or more.

It's being tuned up right now, and I can't wait to get it back and start some canvas projects I have in the pipeline.

I'm also going to get some nylon strap webbing, and make some of my own lifting slings particular to my uses.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

How much more than the expected load should the test load be?

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Typical safety margin on any lifting equipment is 5x.

Reply to
DanG