jenny reissue!

lindberg has release their jn-4 kit. typically lindberg sparse in the cockpit, the outside is very well done and it isn't hard to scratch up some guts. they are very easy to rig, you can lay out a simple pattern, drill some holes and simply sew the rigging together. then you just trim of uneeded wires, touch up the holes and paint. aside from a lack of jn-4 kits, the best price of this one is it's 10 bucks! i've done 2 over the past week and wnat to pick up several more. while there is a floatplane, extra long wing version out there, it is way pricey. for about 1/3 the price, i can use the fsm article to make a great one. we don' need no steenkin hunnert dollar jennys!

Reply to
someone

Ray Rimmell of Windsock has reviewed it, calling it one of the best and most accurate WW1 kits, before the Eduard/Roden flood we're all enjoying. And this kit has made more comebacks than Cher.

Reply to
tomcervo

Chrissakes don't insult the kit that way! It's only failing is not being 1/72 ;)

Reply to
eyeball

got a url? i'd like to read that. it is a real joy to build because it fits and looks right. some 3rd party should do a cockpit and motor. who couldn't think of 10 diorams fit for jenny's? last one i sent out as a gift was the red white and blue one that flew over the new york docks to welcome the troopships returning from ww1. it had a banner that read welcome home boys! other side said thanks from america.

Reply to
someone

i like it because it isn't braille scale....

Reply to
someone

I like it, I just prefer a scale where I can fit a lot on a shelf. And my vision is 20/200 :-P

Reply to
eyeball

Yeah, the N-9 floatplane you mentioned, the J and the model N (both predecessors of the JN, could probably swing a model R, the JN-5 (twin engined Jenny) and the N-8 (Long-winged Jenny) I also recall seeing a photo of a twin-fuselage Jenny (Jenny Zwilling?) oncet, although I don't have a copy currently. I did the N-8, the Model N and a Jenny barnstormer, the JN-5 is got me thinking......

Reply to
The Old Man

Mike West, at Lonestarmodels.com has a resin JN-4 cockpit available for the Lindberg kit.

Don McIntyre

No, it's from the print edition, about 20 years back. What surprises me is that no one's done a decal sheet. Blue Rider had a very handsome 1/72 sheet of Canadian/Texan training Jennies, a dozen or so. Not to mention the barnstorming Jennies, and why Lindberg hasn't done one of them instead of the same old Love Field USAS. They could copy the old Renwall Aeroskin Heddon Jenny paper sheet.

tomcervo

funstuff.

Reply to
someone

that's a good one. i like his stuff. still have the 1/32 baka in the stash.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
someone

I ~think~ that the fact that this company is still in business is what led to the Renwal Haddon Jenny being pulled off the market rather quickly, some kind of copyright infringment? The Aeroskin Process=C2=A9 actually did work quite nicely, if you ignored Renwal's instructions and didn't us their liquid cement for more than tacking the paper to the model. Once it was attached, I used cear dope that I had on hand from a control-line kit. The dope shrunk the aeroskin and didn't attack the plastic underneath. Really worked nice on the pioneer aircraft models. Wish they would had offered more of them.....

Reply to
The Old Man

i'm sorry i missed those.

Reply to
someone

What a wonderful gesture; I'd never heard of that incident before. Do you have a web or book reference that might give more details?

Regards, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Currell

let me look in the tame black hole i use for storage.... also try google for faster.

Reply to
someone

Thanks. There's no great urgency. I've been trying Google but so far with no result.

Regards, Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Currell