Lindberg 1/72 About to be released ? - comments on Lindberg please

got an email from internet hobbies that release is imminent......

my recent experience of Lindberg kits are their dinosaur kits and the stage coach kit. Man, talk about confusing instructions on that one.

What are the chances of this 58 inch kit being buildable?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Hey Craig,

What kit are you talking about? The sub? Just curious. :)

Reply to
hill4448

damn. I left out the important stuff again. Yes, the 1/72 sub with the Kaiten......

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

give us a hint about which kit?i'm guessing a sub?

Reply to
someone

they don't show much on the website, maybe we should coax ernie about it. he's good that way.

Reply to
someone

Squadron shows it on the back of this month's flyer - doesn't seem to be any reviews on-line yet. They describe it as screw reinforced construction - plastic part conceled screws. Looks nice in the photo - 60.9" long - you must get to handle some really large sections.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

have to get one, even if i just lay out sections and just see it in my head.

Reply to
someone

I want the other ones - where are the other ones?..the I-19 class boats, with float plane? Or the I-400s, with Serian...

Reply to
Rufus

Quality on Lindberg varies greatly. I built the Graf Zepplin, a real struggle. I am building the Civil War cannon now, a really nice kit. So it is hard to say with anything other than generalities.

However, one show I went to early in the year had a test shot of the molds done up and it looked pretty good when built. That is the Submarine, the kit I assume you are talking about.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

It looks reasonable in these shots

I say the cannon and some of the tower details look a little crude and used and abused paint job and weathering could be hiding some deficiencies but all in all looks pretty reasonable to me.

Cheers,

Nigel

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4391 (20090903) __________

Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

In article , "Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>" It looks reasonable in these shots

i hope the after market supports these like for the german subs. that could make or break this kit, i think.

Reply to
someone

Save your money.

Reply to