Cheap(er) sources of Schott Glass?

Many of the long pass and band pass optical filters sold by optical suppliers are in fact pieces of Schott Colored Glass, cut into
small pieces, with nicely finished edges, and sold at high prices. Schott is the manufacturer, and I can understand why they may not want to go to the trouble of selling me a 3"x6" (or whatever) piece. But is there anything in between? Someone who would sell a square foot or so of Schott glass, messily cut, for a reasonable markup?
--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."