sol gel interacting with spectrometer cell

Hi, I am trying to study the progress of sol gel encapsulating bovine Sod during the different stages of drying and aging. For that I am using
the CD. However, the sol gel is interacting with the quartz material of the spectrometer cell. Does anyone know of a coating material that would eliminate this problem? Or any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. Aline.