Sol gel hard coating for Polycarbonate

Dear All: As we know using sol gel to adhesive polycarbonate is difficult for hard coating, the products in the market must use 120 degree as well as 2 hours for curing, it is difficult to mass production. Is there any good process or some swell solvent to help adhesive of PC, however, I don't like use UV for hard coating, it is too easy for processing and there are some manufacture problem. Thanks all.

Chyun Lee

Reply to
leechyun

Are primers an option? I've seen pretty good results with silanes.

John Aspen Research -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Dear Sir: Thanks for your information. Primer coating has good result it is for sure, however, we try mass production for primerless. The sol gel product in the market need 120 degree as well as 1 to 2 hours for curing, it is not convinent for use, I tried to find some sol gel resin which is primerless and 70 degree, 15 to 20 min curing for PC. It is very interesting. ( My resin use in TAC has no problem which can mass production for coating, of course if PC has primer, it is OK too).Please help. Thank you.

Chyun Lee

???????: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
leechyun

What is your sol-gel? TAC = ? (Triethanolamine aluminum complex?)

John Aspen Research -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

Dear Sir: Thanks for your information. It is helpful. As we know there are many application for hard coating of plastic, however, PC as well as PMMA is big market for the moment, TAC ( triacetyl cellulose ) which is used in the surface of LCD polarizer, of course it needs hard coating for some application. As you know, it is easy. Usually, we use normal sol gel recipe, it is said TEOS+GPTMOS+MTEOS in the water + IPA system, it is normal. I like to try conductive polymer support on the surface of silicate further, to make conductive surface but for the moment adhesive on the surface of plastic is a big problem. So let's see.

Chyun Lee

???????: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
leechyun