Collapse of the waveform

Why isn't Schroedinger's cat an observer? What constitutes an experimenal observation? Does it require a conscious mind? I find this
philosophically disturbing.
snipped-for-privacy@bmail.com.au wrote:

One answer is that technically, it isn't known if the cat is an observer or not.
Another answer is that quantum mechanics is truly philosophically disturbing.
If you think you fully understand the subject, then you may be deluding yourself. Professor Richard Feinman said something like that.
Thanks for an interesting point of view which your question reflects.
Jim

Thanks, unsatisfying but thanks anyway. Don't suppose you know anything about time?
snipped-for-privacy@bmail.com.au wrote:

Not really. I mean I have a watch and that sort of thing, but the deep meaning of time is really quite an abstract thing.
There is more to it than counting pendulum swings or crystal oscillations or microwave wave passings.
But at least you are asking basic questions.
Some physics discussion center might get you some more interest and knowledge than here.
Keep thinking.
Is time conserved? Does it dissipate?
Why do I keep running out of it when there isn't anyplace to fill up with it?