Cooling fluid

Hi

Can any one here recomend me a cooling fluid which can operate in the temperature range of -40C to 70C. The fluid should be used for single phase cooling only.

Best regards

Reply to
Johnny Larsen

One possibility would be some of the Dowtherm or Sylterm fluids. See:

Pittsburgh Pete

DISCLAIMER

We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.

Reply to
metalengr

Whats wrong with using a good, old fashioned, mixture of propylene glycol (or ethylene glycol) and water?

Pure propylene glycol freezes at -59C and boils at +188C. A 60%/40% mix of p. glycol and water will have a freezing point of about -48C and a boiling point of around +127C. Conventional antifreeze mixtures are cheap, readily available, and can be purchased pre-mixed with corrosion inhibitors.

See:

Paul O

Paul: There is nothing wrong with glycol antifreeze and water, provided that you take care of it and periodically replace it to make sure that corrosion is being properly inhibited. If not, then woe may follow. I recollect an early aluminum auto engine failure due to corrosion.

Pittsburgh Pete

Reply to
metalengr