Cooling tanks

Gentlemen,

Can anybody in Stationary engine land help me out, I need a round oil/food container of at least 20 gals for my Lister L, they are like hens teeth around here.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Martin, i used a large propane cylinder for the cooling tank on my L type and it works very well. First i removed the valve from the top of the cylinder, and filled it with water, left it for a couple of weeks, then being very carefull not to get to much heat into the metal i cut around the welds top and bottom with a nine inch angle grinder, that left me with a tube after welding in a bottom and two water outlets with the mig job done. There is a picture of my L at millmeece on my webshots if you would like a look. Regards, Gary

disclaimers

Reply to
gary millward

I don't know if a couple of the cooking oil drums soldered together that chinese suppermarkets sell would equate to that volume. I should think you could get a couple of empties for next to nothing, and a little safer than the propane bottle solution.

Joules

Reply to
Joules

Food-grade tinplate cans are damn near unsolderable these days. Plastic inner coatings on everything and no way to clean them off.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Solder a band on the outside and re-laquer the inner joint...

Joules

Reply to
Joules

I have a copper hot water cylinder that you can have. Outer insulation has been removed and it doesn't leak. Usual location.

John

Reply to
John Manders

John put my name on it I need one to manufacture another fuel tank, I am coming to Oxford Welcome Trust Tuesday, can you put on front as you may not be in when I call.

Mart>> Gentlemen,

Reply to
Campingstoveman