Courier service

Gentlemen,
The stationary engine courier service has been busy this last week, I this morning went to Dan Howden's to fetch a long to be collected ALBA Shaper for
myself then on to the north of Newark to fetch an engine base which I shall deliver to a good friend at Enstone next weekend. Gary Millward I know has collected a Volt meter for me from near where he lives to Enstone and also I am led to believe he is fetching a large Tangye pump for somebody as well. I will set up the couriers cafe in the back of my van on the day, all you need to do is bring a mug and something to drink out of :-)) If anybody has an item that needs moving back east then come and see me.
Martin P
--
snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Semper in Excrementem Altitudo Solus Varius
On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 19:10:53 -0000, "campingstoveman"

Anyone know what's happened to my bucket of capstan bits and 40" dro scale. I believe Peter was the last recipient of these ? -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 20:37:03 GMT, John Stevenson

Still at the factory, have only been past your place at very unsociable hours so didn't want to call... :-))
We are up to Bombardier this week again, should be able to drop them in during daytime for you.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 07:33:08 +0000, Peter A Forbes

Thank you Peter.
BTW what's unsociable hours,? not dinner time is it ? <bg> -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:22:16 GMT, John Stevenson

Last time we were at Barton under Needwood at just after 11pm, by the time we had unloaded and got back near Long Eaton it was getting on for Midnight.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 10:42:14 +0000, Prepair Ltd

Anyone going near Tamworth during working hours this week, who could maybe pick up a (lightweight) pedestal grinder? I 'won' it in an auction where I was after something bigger which would have made the trip worthwhile. Didn't get the other item, of course. I've got Thursday booked for collecting it, but a special trip rather makes nonsense of the deal :-(
Cheers Tim
Tim, Shame you never said yesterday as I went passed Tamworth and came close to you before heading for Sheffield :-((
Martin P

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:29:50 -0000, "campingstoveman"

We've been to Cambridge tonight on the way home, then this week we should be going to Barton Under Needwood, then Carlisle if we don't use a carrier, and then Manchester (Newton Heath) with the trailer loaded later in the week.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:29:50 -0000, "campingstoveman"

Oh well.... I *nearly* posted a request on Monday, decided against it because it's collection from an auction agent, nothing negotiable, asking a lot of the friendly passing courier. My mistake ;-( It's the M6 for me on Thursday, I haven't sampled its delights for a month or two <g> It was planned for tomorrow, but that's been superceded by a trip across the Mersey nursing a 1948 2-stroke Crossley.
Cheers Tim
After a mornings work in Manchester I did another Courier run to Sheffield this afternoon to collect another item for somebody, not a cloud in the sky and the views as I wended my way up into the hills and back down the other side far out weighed that fact that I was stuck behind several Arctic's going the same way. The Scenery has to be seen.
Martin P

http://internalfire.com/modules.php?set_albumName mpingstoveman&op=modload&name=PubGallery&file=index&include=view_album.php