tiny tim

hi all

anybody got any info on ww11 tiny tim genset

thanks peter

Reply to
peter

Mike.H.

Hello Mike H,

You seems to have a lot of manuals for things I'm getting a roundtuit for ;o))

I have a couple of Tiny Tims to renovate & as they are rather in the way, it'll be sooner rather than later !

Might I please scrounge a scan of your manual when convenient?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Mike.H.

Most kind Mike, thanks.

Well, I Asked Questions at the AGM last year, so thought I ought to get in there & put my work where my mouth was!

It's only four pages a month & I probably do at least that much here ;o))

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

there & put my work where my mouth was!

Hi Kim, W.S.E.C beats Google. Would it be "West Sussex Engine Club"? I am only guessing. By the way we used a Tiny Tim 24v Generator in 1958 as an underground cable telephone engineer but it was soon replaced by a Japanese relacement!

Reply to
Dave Croft

hi all

as anybody got any info like years of manufacture and whether they were used in ww11 to charge up tanks

Reply to
peter

in there & put my work where my mouth was!

Reply to
Mike.H.

Reading the destructions thoughtfully provided by Mike Hodge, they were all very much as I expected except for two things.

The dynamo armature is part of the crankshaft & there is a special note to check the dome headed nut in the centre of the pulley from time to time as it holds everything together!

The other thing is that the ignition circuit is fed from the battery connected for charging & it says on several occasions not to try to run it without a battery.

regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Peter, I've just got around to taking the photos I promised of the carb. You can see them at

this is the first of four close ups - hope they help because it's an odd one.

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn