Shifting a Lister Gen set

Gentlemen,

Is there anybody in the Milton Keynes or Bedford area who could help me strip and shift a large Lister Gen set and transport the bits to IF. Its to big for my van as a whole to move weight wise so need to split it. I know you are there Dan but your pint sized van will have a Hernia towing the Genny on its own your muscles would be appreciated though. Does anybody lurk here that might like to help me.

Email on snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

This is broadly similar to the JK4 that Martin helped us remove in 2004 or 5, can't remember which! Weighs about 2.5 tons in one piece, which we broke up by taking off the radiator, water pipes and pump, battery, starter motor and manifolds.

Anyway, we'd be happy to assist, but the problem is that while we only had to tow the trailer for 18 miles, so an overload wasn't too bad, Martin is looking at a couple of hundred miles, so the weight has to be split up somewhat.

Might be something we can do between us, I can carry the main engine and baseplate and Martin the genny and smaller parts.

Unless we can get a truck and Hiab owner to assist....

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Gentlemen,

I now have a crew and vehicles to move the Genset, all we are waiting on is the final word to get on with it.

Martin P

campingstoveman

Trailer collection OK for next week, I was on the way back from Ugley when your text came in.

Spare wheels are at the factory now.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes