Keeps me amused

Gentlemen,

I constantly amazes me what people think our hobby is worth, I regularly watch a guy on EBay, he puts stuff up at ridiculously high starting prices and I'm sure he must wonder why he does not sell anything but there he is again with something high priced and its always rare. I sometimes feel like sending him an email pointing out that I also have a load of rare stuff also. His charges to EBay must cost him a packet.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Yes, but sometimes the vendor gets lucky!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Nick,

That Vincent is a quite un common engine but would you bid on a Lister H3 that has a starting price of £125.

Mart>> Gentlemen,

Reply to
campingstoveman

Listing fees are fairly low, so if it doesn't sell there's no big loss.

Prices are going up, a Lister CD mis-described went for £65 with a lot missing, and there's that Ruston 1HR that went for over 2 grand the other week.

There's a guy on the KNG who is asking £250 for a Bamford EG1....

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Uncommon yes, but not rare - at least not as rare as a spare £230 nowadays. When I saw one on a stall at Prestwood a few years ago, I rather reluctantly stumped up the £25 or so asking price on the basis that it may be an unassuming little thing but you don't see them every day. Since then I have seen several other singles for similar money and a twin (ex Amanda water scooter?) for £100. Didn't buy any of them - I obviously don't know a good investment when I see one!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Kim has just pointed this out to me if anyone is kicking themselves for missing the previously referred to 'bargain' ;-)

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H