Electrolytes for pH buffers and Ionic strength control

I am going to be doing some isotherm experiments on activated carbon
controlling pH and ionic strength. I know that my electrolytes will
compete with my anion for uptake, but I am trying to decide what type
of electrolytes to use that will be the least competitive. I am
probably going to use a monobasic or dibasic phosphate for the higher
pH electrolytes, but I am concerned about the usual acids used, i.e.
citric or oxalic acid. Does anyone have any experience with pH buffers
and ionic strength electrolytes with activated carbon?
Thanks, Ellen.
Reply to
Ellezeebubbly