Spring Loaded Buffers - Help needed

I've just received a Bachmann Class 37/4 train which has the spring loaded buffers - the previous owner has painted them grey and instead of just painting them black, i'd like to replace them with a fresh new set. Is there a simple way to remove them , is there a special technique or do they just pull off.

Also, does anyone know where to get the spare sets of buffers and also a new set of "small detailed" parts?

Many thanks in advance.

Brizer

Reply to
brian brown

"brian brown" wrote

Why not just repaint them black?

If you insist on replacing them, I think you want Bachmann accessory pack

36-031 Oval Head Sprung Buffers (x8) RRP £ 2.05

You should be able to get these from most Bachmann stockists.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Why don't you do as John suggests or, if you must remove them..... The buffers are spring-loaded and the opposite end of the buffer (behind the buffer-beam) is flattened to prevent the buffer from spring back out. If you're able to squeeze the flattened end, you're lucky. Only alternative, as John suggests, is to buy new.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith