Wagon Buffers BR

Where can I buy wagon buffers from - I have a few Oleo and Dowty but need Std BR for some Airfix wagons (minerals), and some for a Cambrian Mermaid (boys knocked one on the floor).

Can't seem to find them as easily now.

Thanks

Reply to
Martin

Inter-City Models do a range of brass and whitemetal wagon buffers. those on the standard Airfix kit are 18" spindle buffers.

Regards,

Reply to
intercityman2000

In article , Martin writes

For the standard mineral wagon (unfitted) the closest match I have found to the prototype is from MJT - their 2300 RCH WAGON BUFFERS NON-FITTED (UNSPRUNG)

They do a range of other buffers as well. For later wagons after vac. brakes were installed when buffers were generally extended with a welded collar or some such there is more of a problem. For Oleo, Dowty and other self-contained types 51L do a good range.

and scroll down a little for buffers, sprung and unsprung. A good range of metal heads is available for inserting into / replacing plastic bodies - for instance Parkside.

Reply to
Roger G. Morris

All you'll need at

Regards, John Isherwood.