HE15 in 2 1/4 inch rounds ?

Hi,
I quite recently bookmarked (thought I bookmarked) a UK source I found on the
web for HE15 which thay had in sizes including 2 1/4". But now I want to buy
some I can't find the bookmark :-( Can any perceptive person guess which
supplier it was ? It was a fairly normal model engineering type of supplier but
I've just waded through all my links and I can't find the one I had in mind and
none of the others seem to sell HE15 in 2 1/4 inch diameters.
Thanks,
Reply to
Boo
Off the top of my head (without looking at the bookmarks), I think it might be either College Engineering or Model and College Metals as they are the only two I can't think of where I've obtained HE15 before.
Reply to
Duncan Munro
Possibly Noggin Ends in Stoke but I cannot find my own link to them !!!
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
-adrian
Reply to
Adrian Godwin
I had looked at College Engineering, Model and College Metals as well as Noggin End and they don't show HE15 in 2 1/4". I have a distinct recollection of there being this size ('cos it's perfect) in HE15 in a table on a website but I just can't find it now :-( I'm pretty sure it was a model engineering supplies type website not a metal merchant too.
Thanks for the replies,
Reply to
Boo
2 1/4" HE15 £6.79 per INCH!
Reply to
Mike
Gulp. That wasn't the place I was thinking of but it's a useful link so = thanks=20 for posting it. The website I had found had it at a reasonable price (mo= re than=20 HE30 but I'm certain it was less then =A36.79 an inch). The search goes = on...
Cheers,
--=20 Boo
Reply to
Boo
Not a modeleng supplier, but will sell bar ends/off cuts at reasonable prices , try C G Rees in Cardiff - have used them a lot in the past without any problems.
No prices on their website so it's probably best to give them a quick call.
Cheers
Alastair
Boo wrote:
Reply to
Alastair
Not a modeleng supplier, but will sell bar ends/off cuts at reasonable prices , try C G Rees in Cardiff - have used them a lot in the past without any problems.
No prices on their website so it's probably best to give them a quick call.
Cheers
Alastair
Boo wrote:
Reply to
Alastair
Most local metal stockists will sell you a cut piece. Mine has hundreds of billets stacked up next to their CNC saw which they sell normally a bit cheaper. Certainly a lot cheaper than the price per inch quoted in here!
As an example I bought last week 8 metres of 2" square solid HE30 (6082-T6) The price was £21.70/metre. All gone now!
How much do you want?
BTW of you don't already know. HE15 is also known as 2014 and usually comes in T6 condition
Wayne...
Reply to
Wayne Weedon