Fire blanket construction

Does anyone know what the "fire retardant inner layer" in a fire blanket is made from ? For example, the top two blankets on this page
http://www.officegiant.co.uk/product-browse.asp?cat '&ispcb180
A search using Google didn't turn up anything specific.
I was hoping to use one as a cheap source of fibreglass for a epoxy fibreglass repair job, but it may not be suitable unless I can separate the fibreglass layers from the retardant.
Mike