Fullerenes and nanotubes are back in the news

Shaped carbon molecules are known officially as fullerenes and unofficially as ''buckyballs''. The news blurbs about Carbon-50, self-assemble nanotubes and fullerene transistors are circulating around the Net. But is this all still about a technology ''not for another few years yet'' or ''we are definitely getting closer''?....

Read full review at

Andrew

We are definetly getting closer... Samsung just anounced that nanotube based FED display is ready to go out of a lab...

Alex

That raises an interesting question about the future of electronics. I believe we could construct nanotubes about 4 atoms across or about that. When dealing with the super small electronics, Quantum theory comes into play. Has anybody done a study (even in theory) about the effect of quantum tube conductors would have where quantum theory is concerned? In otherwords, are the risk of losing the electrical state as high? I hope I was clear enough.

Reply to
Renee Keller

The bottle neck to the future of nano tube is carbon purity of the carbon raw material that is producing single bonded carbon atoms where all the carbon atoms (not molecules) are like single marbles all black Laser and combustion and costly small quantities post reprocessing of same to remove impurities technologies can never produce pure true 100 % pure single bonded carbon atoms these process inheirtantly produce impurities ie black marbles and black/red etc within the batch As of last week a revlutionary chemical based technology that breaks any bond at the atom level of any material bonded with carbon Certified analyiticals were delivered of the above to a R & D corp by the name of CTIC certifying results of test in recent weeks that show the production of 100 % PURE single bonded carbon atoms ie all black marbles

1 cu meter of methane gas for instance will produce 54 lbs of pure single bonded carbon atoms in a very short production time hours not days or years currently By the way the process is also a by product of Toxic and hazardous waste remediation 100 % PURE, Cheaper, Raw material more importantly in unlimited volume quantities is no longer a bottleneck for this revulionary nano tube technology Stay tuned to Cleantech International known as CTIC

This news has not yet hit their site

Nickico

This post is made by Nickico on

Andrew