Heat conductivity of stacked metal sheets

Hi everybody!

Does any one of you know where I can get heat conductivity values of stacked metal sheets in the stacking direction? I could need the values for sheets of different thickness, varnish insulated sheets etc.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Richard

Reply to
richard

You would also need them for sheets pushed together with different forces - stresses or strains.

Thermal greases between the washers could be a significant variable as well.

You have essentially a fairly unreliable material assembly (not a material) in the sense of thermal conductivity.

No, I am uncertain of just where to go to try to get such data... it is far from trivial if it is to be useful.

Good luck.

Jim

Reply to
jbuch