Help required in reinforced thermoplastic

Hi,

I am new in the composite field working with Long Fiber Thermoplastic composites (LFT).

My question is :Literature says that Polypropylene (PP) with 30% glass fiber has its tensile strength around 52 MPa using some particular ASTM procedure. Now is there any standard to the size of the glass fiber used in the PP matrix to determine the tenisle strength? Cuz the tensile strength is strongly dependent on size of the glass fiber being used.

Reply to
Compoprit

I would have expected a thermoplastic to be reinforced with 3mm staple length fibre. As far as I know it's the industry standard. Processing may reduce the staple length.

Reply to
Terry Harper