Instron 1000 Software

I'm buying an old Instron 1000 frame from a local business. I'm trying to find substitute software to use on the machine to record
tensile strengths of some materials. I'm a rookie at this instrumentation stuff. I have Labview 7.0 and some HP data acquisition boxes. Any suggestions?
Why not contact the Instron folks and cry in their beer!
I've had dealings over the (many) years with both Instron and Tinius-Olsen, and they're (for the most part) very cooperative. Sure, they'd like to sell you a brand new machine with all the bells and whistles, but explain your situation, and see what they say.
They just might work with you . . .
Carl Sachs