electro welding neoprene?

Does anyone has electro welded neoprene?
glass

Glass wrote:

Why don't you ask the welding-people? news:sci.engr.joining.welding
HTH
Michael Dahms
Dear michael, thank you for your suggestion! I thought those folks are more concerned in welding metals rather then polymers, my question was about a very pratical situation, if somebody knows about welding neoprene or other types of rubber.
Glass

In the rubber industry, we typically use adhesives (depends on applications, there are many kind of adhesives can be used) to bond rubber parts together after heat curing process. Neoprene (chlorinated rubber) is not a difficult material to bond, according to our experience. Conversely, silicone rubber is very difficult to bond, so special silicone based adhesives shall be used.
Gary

Strictly speaking neoprene (polychloroprene) is a themoset polymer and can't be welded. I believe I've seen a process where sheets of neoprene are joined together to make roofing systems by using a hot melt type adhesive and an electric seaming machine. This may be called electrowelding by some suppliers.
RT